2011年12月14日 星期三

【100-1 第三名】財法一 洪〇凡:Harry Potter

Harry Potter


參賽者:洪〇凡(財法一)
名次:第三名
書名:Harry Potter
得獎作品:

     When it comes to my favorite story, what must spring to my mind is . Frankly, I am a big fan of J.K. Rowling for I read her novels over and over again and I’ve never fed up with them. If anyone asks me why I am fond of that book, I will say “It’s a long story.”

     Among the series of Harry Potter, I view the as the most exciting, touching, and interesting one. So splendid is it that I almost look upon it as the real stuff in the world. I sobbed for Dobby’s sacrifices, laughed for Wesley twins’ humor, and felt warmed for the love between the family and the friendship. I wondered how the writer meditated such a spectacular that impressed me and other readers, and even made a hit around the globe. Up to now, there are still billions of people talking about this, crazy for this, and so am I.

     What made me really impressive was the foreshadowing that the writer hinted in the previous books. The horcruxes were planned to show up and that really exciting. I adored the wit that J.K. Rowling owned. I loved the bond between the students in the Gryffindor, fascinated with the power of magic, and touched by the deeds that everyone fought for his/her friends and family. I hated Lord Voldemort for his cruel, brutal means. Without him, no one would have died, and there were no tragedies. Though I understood that villains were the indispensible roles in all stories, I still poured scorn on him. Besides, I thought that Harry was a lucky guy because he received so much love and support though he lost his parents when little. On top of that, when I finished reading, I was sorry for Snape. He was a great man who was misunderstood and resented for his camouflage. It was not until he passed away that the truth was disclosed. It turned out to be that he fell in love with Harry’s Mom, Lily, and his love was never changed till death. To protect his lover’s son, he could do nothing but pretend to be a Death Eater so as to get Voldemort’s trust. I sighed with regret when I read that part. I used to be filled with disgust at that role, and how could I detect the fact before I finished reading? I could never forget the scene in my mind that Snape’s dying but he still struggled to whisper to Harry with his blood mingled with silvery substance leaking out. After reading the rest of the book, I not only realized everything suspicious, but got a knot in the pit of my stomach. I could not help but burst out crying with my head buried in the novel. There’s no denying that Snape devoted himself to guarding the world more than anyone did.

     Another part of the book that I’d like to mention is the quarrel between Harry and his best friend, Ron. Undergoing countless plights together, they eventually faced the most terrible difficulty—the test of friendship. They separated. The atmosphere was down to freezing point then. I was downhearted as if I were the character. I had been indifferent to my best friend, so I comprehended the feelings. That was fairly unbearable. Breathing a sigh of relief, I was glad that they ended up reconciling. After all, friendship is invaluable.

     No matter how fascinating the whole book presents, I choose for my favorite part, and to recommend it to others. The scene which the writer designed in this part was magnificent. I can envision all men and women, giants and monsters, fighting with each other at the old castle. Although some of them died, the rest did not surrender. They still gathered, kept their faith to the last moment. To their surprise, Harry’s still alive, leading them to fight against Voldemort. Whenever I read this part, it agitates me and makes my mind stirred, as if there were waves, surging over my mind.

     There is so much to list, and I’m so glad to share my feelings with others. I enjoyed the majestic, rich and colorful plots. I hope everyone has secret room for magic in his/her mind, just like me do. When we get bored or unhappy, we can take a rest, imaging that we are wizards or witches, throwing those horrible memories away, but enjoying the happiest, interesting world that we create by ourselves, and only for ourselves, no matter how bad the real life becomes, we can still find consolation in this way. After all, we have magic when we hold a positive attitude toward our life. A miracle happens when we believe it. In the end, what I’d like to say is that “I find pleasure while reading. I love this novel and have got many ideas from it. I hope that everyone loves it as I do.”

沒有留言:

張貼留言