2011年6月9日 星期四

【99-2 第三名】應外二 黃〇敏:Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice


參賽者:黃〇敏(應外二)
名次:第三名
書名:Pride and Prejudice
得獎作品:

     I admitted that I was deeply affected by the film, Pride and Prejudice(2005). While reading Pride and Prejudice, I almost recalled what had happened in the film, like a golden retriever, tracking my memories to the film, moving my fingers touching through the words to check if they were similar with the film. Whatever, I tried my best to realize what characters talking about.

     Mr. Darcy was “reserved.” He was not only a man of few words but already engaged with Anne de Bourgh after both of them were born. He gave me a mysterious impression at first. He didn’t defend himself for rumors (pride, ill personality, selfish etc) surrounding him. That’s impossible for me to bear any rumor in silence. I will catch out the rumormonger and make him feel awfully sorry to do this stupid thing in his life! Well, just kidding. I’m too coward to defeat rumors and I don’t know what to do to stop rumors. Perhaps, I’m a little bit like Mr. Darcy. Both of us are not good at express ourselves. Maybe we should do what Lady Catherine said, “Practice more!” Anyway, after finishing reading Pride and Prejudice, I think Mr. Darcy was a motivated man. He always made decisions quickly and never regretted what he had done. He was a responsible man.

     Elizabeth Bennet (Lizzy), symbolizing prejudice in the novel, was an independent and strong-minded woman. She believed what she saw and heard on Mr. Darcy so that she always mocked Mr. Darcy when they had a conversation. When Elizabeth Bennet read the long letter from Mr. Darcy, she regarded the letter as a lie at the beginning. However, she pressed herself to read it again and again and again (In the movie, she only read one time). At last, she believed what Darcy wrote and felt terribly ashamed to her abominable behavior to Mr. Darcy. As far as I’m concerned, Elizabeth made story interesting when she interacted to anyone. Her words always bring me plenty of joys. Her iron-willed mind, which might not be encouraged in her era, made her bear the most “tolerable” business, especially Lady Catherine’s insult. Therefore, I consider her the most gorgeous woman in the history.

     George Wickham, the most nauseating but much handsome man in the book, always grumbled what Mr. Darcy had done to him. I don’t like him at the beginning, not just because I already knew what his true personalities were but because, his complaint like flood, nearly drowns me. I’ve never met a character complaining too frequently before reading Pride and Prejudice! Mr. Wickham is pretty “tolerable!” By the way, I didn’t oppose to Charlotte Lucas’s decision to marry Mr. Collin at all, since she lived under an unimaginable stress in that era.

    To sum up, Pride and Prejudice was an interesting and romantic novel to read. I will read it again and again and again like Lizzy reading the letter written by Mr. Darcy, though it’s too difficult for me to understand the sarcasm in the conversation. Oh yeah, besides, marriage to a rich, single man is still a hot topic nowadays. As the information I learn from news, the age of men since too older then before!

沒有留言:

張貼留言